Guided Access helps you stay focused on a task by temporarily restricting iPad to a single app, and allowing you to control which app features are available. You can do any of the following:
- Disable areas of the screen that aren’t relevant to a task, or areas where an accidental gesture might cause a distraction.
- Disable the iPad hardware buttons.
- Limit how long someone can use the app
Set up Guided Access
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access, then turn on Guided Access.
- Tap Passcode Settings, tap Set Guided Access Passcode, then enter a passcode.
You can also turn on Face ID or Touch ID (for supported models) as a way to end a Guided Access session.
- Do any of the following:
- Tap Time Limits to set a sound or have the remaining Guided Access time spoken before the time ends.
- Set whether other accessibility shortcuts are available during a session.
Start a Guided Access session
- Open the app you want to use.
- Turn on Guided Access using one of the following methods:
- Ask Siri. Say something like: “Turn on Guided Access.”
- Use accessibility shortcuts.
- Circle any areas of the screen you want to disable. Drag the mask into position or use the handles to adjust its size.
- Tap Options, then turn on or off any of the following:
- Top button (or Sleep/Wake button)
- Volume Buttons
- Motion (to prevent iPad from switching from portrait to landscape or from responding to other motions)
- Time Limit
- Tap Start.
End the Guided Access session
Do any of the following:
- Models with the Home button: Double-click the Home button, then unlock with Touch ID (if enabled). Or triple-click the Home button, then enter the Guided Access passcode.
- Other models: Double-click the top button, then unlock with Face ID (if enabled). Or triple-click the top button, then enter the Guided Access passcode.
For more information on using Guided Access on iPad, please visit the Apple Support portal here.
Start Using BetterMind for Free
The App is fast and easy for your patients / clients to use. Test scores are automatically calculated providing reliable metrics that are easily interpreted.